A person’s job and career make up a significant portion of their life. Still, relatively few people dedicate the time, effort and focus to improve the chances that they will spend most of their time on this planet doing something they take genuine pleasure in.
I bet most of us at some time have ended up working in an organisation we detested, with a manager who is strange or even a little bit crazy, or simply performing work that is mind-numbing.
Or perhaps you are employed by a company which isn´t treating you with dignity but more like a commodity. You´re eager to make the kind of change that would be best for you, but do not know how to make it happen.
You might even be trying hard to land a better role. Still, your applications and strategies aren’t gaining momentum, and it feels like you’re banging your head against a brick wall.
Perhaps you are regularly asked to interview for new roles or internal promotions, but for some infuriating reason, you keep hearing, “on this occasion, we offered the position to someone else”
You may have spent many years working in one field but decided to transition into a different sector. Even though you have much experience and lots of great skills, you are stumped in figuring out how to make the transition.
It is possible for you to find work that is wonderful.
This is where my career coaching can make a practical difference and help you make progress a lot faster to where you want to get to.
My approach to coaching is heavily based on the concept of freedom, which includes the ability to make decisions and the bravery to seize the opportunities you have to live the life you truly want.
My Wonderful Work coaching programme will catapult you toward the organisation, position and professional experience that you want.
When we work together, you will have the clarity, confidence, and conviction to go after what you want. This will give you a higher chance of finding a
job that revitalises you instead of work that drains you of your energy and leaves you feeling fatigued.
The Wonderful Work programme incorporates my experience as a coach having helped many clients gain the focus, confidence and take the action needed to make progress with their personal and professional dreams. It also draws on my experience of working in the corporate, public and not-for-profit sectors for over 20 years where I recruited and led teams, switched and joined different organisations many times, and also started my own business.
When we work together, our top priority will be to ensure that you make tangible progress in finding work that´s wonderful for you.
However, landing the right kind of role, in the right sector, also means being clear about and includes:
- What is right for you and why
- Working on your brand and visibility (online and offline)
- Figuring out the kinds of professional connections that will be help you
- Improving the quality of your job applications
- Making sure you are super prepared interviews in the future.
- Ensuring you have a plan to hold yourself accountable even after our coaching sessions have ended
The most important aspects of the service are listed here (which can be amended depending on where you are in your career journey):
Phase 1: Get crystal clear about what you really want next (Sessions 1 to 4)
- Understanding your values at this stage of your life
- What’s truly important to you in your career?
- Defining the value you offer to others at work: Unique Skills and Potential (your USP)
- Identifying your strengths and development needs
- Trusted career feedback
- Exploring career options: long list
Phase 2: Getting pre-prepared for success (Sessions 5 to 8)
- Career options: shortlist
- Step by Step planner: actions and microhabits to move things forward
- Your career dossier: recording evidence of past successes and your skills
- Your career Nirvana
Phase 3: Setting yourself up for success (Sessions 7 to 12)
- CV review and revamp: a method of making sure you submit CVs that hit the mark
- Online brand social media review and strategy.
- Improving your offline visibility: plan for networking and relationship building
- Job search: looking and applying (informal and formal job hunting)
- Cover letter: a method of making sure you submit CVs that hit the mark
- Interview practice: preparation and mock interview
- Action plan: a 3-month plan to keep you accountable
- How to create a first 60 days success plan for when you get a new job
- Check-in: once a month for 30 mins for 3 months
You’ll also get some access to me in-between sessions including accountability check-ins to keep you on track.
If you are interested in working together we will need to schedule a Compatibility Call. This is to make sure that you feel I´m the right coach to move you forward
and you´re a client I can really devote 100%. As we will be working together for weeks it’s critical you can trust me and feel ok to be open, honest and take some steps out of your comfort zone (with my support).
If you still have any questions feel free to drop me an email and I´ll do my best to clarify anything.
You can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a change today
Get the motivation, guidance and support to get your life on track.